when I started working with Step Up Transformers in the 90 ies of the last century most of the magazinsˋ writers were not mentioning this kind of sound improvement in a phono chain.
I collected and built up about 15 SUTs. This one here is completely silver wired like the Kondos are. Silvercore built most of Silbatone ˋs SUTs and other silver parts.
with a ratio of 1:20 (Silvercore ) as with all other ratios you need to adjust carefully. Most of the disappointments with SUTs do result from improper matchings.
- over dimensioned finemet toroidals
- thus an extremely low primary internal resistance of a mere 0,1 ohms
- an almost lossless transmission, extreme dynamic capabilities and a perfectly flat frequency response
- a step up / turns ratio of either 1:10 or 1:20; in addition we make special types for EMT or Ortofon SPU cartridges
- wound in Silberlegat20 or 4N, also in 99,99% pure silver wire
- sorry the description is only in German